I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Cottage Garden, Part 1, 2016

I can finally share how our back yard Cottage Garden is looking this year!!

But first, I want to Thank these hosts for featuring some of my posts!!

I want to Thank Jerri, over at Simply Sweet Home, for featuring my post, Patriotic Summer Front Porch, from last week's Friday Favorites Party!!!
Thanks so much , Jerri!!

I want to Thank Kathy, over at Life on Lakeshore Drive, for featuring both my Patriotic Tree from my post, Patriotic Summer Decor, Part 1 and my post,  Patriotic Summer Front Porch, amongst of the Most Viewed Posts from last week's Bouquet of Talent Party!!
Thanks a Bunch, Kathy!!!

And I also want to Thank Angel, over at Sew Crafty Angel, for sharing my post, Patriotic Summer Front Porch in her post Monday Inspiration from Wake Up Wednesday Party!!
Thanks again, Angel!!

Please stop by and link up to all these wonderful parties!!

When I walk out our back door on to the Patio , this is what our back yard looks like......
After an unseasonably cool and rainy May, it took me quite some time to get the yard ready for Summer and get all my annuals planted......
In this post, I am going to share this side of our tiny back yard.......
In the Fall, Joe and I extended the privacy lattice that we have added to the chain link fence on this side of the yard.........
All I will say is that it hides a multitude of sins!!

Right off of the Patio........
One of my gazing balls and perennials in full bloom along the fence......
I have lots of Garden Art in the yard.....
"Welcome to My Garden" Angel.......
A Rain Gauge.......
"Life Began in a Garden"
Our Garden Tribute to our Fur Babies that have passed.....
 Looking back toward the Patio.......
The Arbor that we bought last year........
 The arbor allowed us to attach the lattice to it by using only zip ties!!
   I decided to put these 2 wrought iron chairs on each side of the Arbor.......
 Using them as plant stands......
 A larger plant stand was placed under the arbor.......
 Petunias are planted in the large pot........
 And impatiens are planted in the pots on each chair.....
 I just planted most of my annuals last week so they have yet to start to fill out.......
  Toward the back of the yard........
 More Garden Art.......
 An angel sitting under the chair.....

Welcome gnome and a little girl on a bench....
Real and play garden tools attached to the fence.......
 I took 2 wire hanging baskets and linked the together using zip ties, hung a solar light in the middle and hung this "lantern" from a shepherd's hook........
A lily in the middle in the back of the yard........
 More perennials....
 Begonias planted in the flower box in the wheel barrow planter.....
Another angel.......
A solar toad stool......
And that is how this side of the yard looks now......
 And where we will leave off for today......

 I do want to mention that you may have noticed this solar panel in addition to my solar lights that I increased the height on by pounding stakes into the ground, then using pieces of PVC pipe placed over the stake and then placed the original solar light minus it's stake into the PVC pipe and on top of the stake!!
 The panel powers a set of Dragon Fly Solar Lights that I wrapped around the Arbor, bought at Harbor Freight with a 20% off coupon, only costing $7.00!!
In a future post, I will be sharing the back yard lit up in the evening........

My thoughts and my prayers go out to all who were affected in Orlando by this terrible and senseless act of terrorism!!
I am a staunch believer in equal rights, kindness and respect for EVERYONE , no matter who they are!!

MORE LOVE, LESS HATE!!!!!

 In my next post, I will share this side of the yard.....
So I hope you will be back to visit soon!!

And thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

Hugs,
Debbie
 
I will be linking up to these parties!!

 Spring Inspirations Linky Party 
June Garden Party

Wake Up Wednesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Creative Sparks Link Party

THURSDAY
The Homemaking Party
It's a Party
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Cup Thursday
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop
Inspired Creations Linky Party
My 2 Favorite Things on Thursday
Idea Box- Thursday Linky Party
 Thoughts of Home on Thursday
Grace at Home Party
Vintage Charm

FRIDAY
Simple and Sweet Fridays
The Creative Exchange
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
Home Matters Linky Party
Funtastic Friday
Friday Favorites
What To Do Weekends
Friday's Five Features Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Five Star Frou Frou Party

SATURDAY
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Share It One More Time Sundays
DIY SHowcase
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party

Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

MONDAY
Inspiration Mondays
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
Blue Monday
Tea Time,Cottage and Garden Blog Party
Make It Pretty Monday

TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
No Place Like Home Party
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

2 comments:

  1. More love and less hate, for sure. Thank you so much for sharing your inviting fun garden with us Debbie. I always enjoy my visits here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you have such a wonderful backyard, I looked at your pics for 30 minutes! lol, so pretty and so much to look at and wish,
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...