I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Summer Patriotic Doll House, 2017

 Welcome!!

Today, I will be sharing how I decorated Nelson Crest. my Victorian Doll House, for the Summer with Patriotic decorations!

But first, I want to Thank Katy, over at Life at Lakeshore Drive, for featuring my post,  New Lighting in the Back Yard and Patio, as among the Most Viewed posts from last week's Bouquet of Talent Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Kathy!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!

You may remember how Nelson Crest looked decorated for Easter.......
 The Bunnies have been put away and Nelson Crest is now all decked out for the Summer with Patriotic Decorations!!
 I did add some new things to my Patriotic Decor this year......
 Like Stars, Firecrackers, Flags and I even made a Wreath for the Front Door!!
 The left side yard.......
Let's look at the upstairs balcony off the Master Bedroom.......
You can see the red and blue stars that I added to the bunting that I made out of crepe paper a few years ago!!
American Flags which are actually picks for cup cakes are tucked into the flower pots on the railing.....
And greenery has been added to the railings for the Summer.....
The front porch and yard........
The left side of the front yard.......
The front porch.......
You can see the firecrackers attached to the railings on each side of the porch......
I made the Wreath for the front door out of a mini Christmas wreath.......
I took the Christmas decorations off it and glued on red and blue stars and firecrackers......
Flags are tucked into the tops of the evergreen trees on each side of the steps......
Milk and eggs have just been delivered......
The right side of the front yard......
A flag pole displaying the American flag proudly stands in the front yard.....
The ride side yard......
As I do in every post featuring Nelson Crest, I want to pay homage to the wonderful man who built her for me and made my childhood dream of owning a Victorian Doll House come true........
Roy Nelson, after which Nelson Crest is named......

Roy was 88 years old when he built my doll house and was just diagnosed with lung cancer.....

If you would like to read the story about how he came to build my doll house , please click HERE
I hope you enjoyed seeing Nelson Crest, which is a true Victorian " Painted Lady", all decked out in her Patriotic finery!!
 I hope you will be back to visit again soon.......
  I am linking up to these parties:

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Wow Us Wednesday
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
Moonlight and Mason Jars Link Party
 Dagmar's Home Linky Party 

THURSDAY
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Cup Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Vintage Charm
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party
Create and Celebrate Blog Party

FRIDAY
Home Sweet Home Friday
Friday Features Linky Party
Foodie Friday and Everything Else
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
 What To Do Weekends
  Friday's Five Features Party 
  Flaunt It Fridays
 Sweet Inspirations Link Party

 SATURDAY
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
The Creative Collection Link Party
 Simple Saturdays Blog Hop
 Saturday Sparks

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Bouquet of Talent Linky Party
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
 
 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
What'd You Do This Weekend?
Cooking and Crafting with J & J
Metamorphosis Monday
 Lou Lou Girl's Linky Party
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
Show and Share Party
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Brag About It Tuesday Linky Party
Let's Talk Vintage 


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

16 comments:

  1. Adorable! Even the doll house gets dressed for the 4th. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb: Everyone should celebrate the 4th, even the dolls and Nelson Crest is just beautiful. What a wonderful gift to you..Happy day after 4th..Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your doll house is fantastic with the patriotic decors
    HUgs Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous doll house! It is the dream doll house every girl wishes for :)

    https://artdecorationcrafting.blogspot.gr/

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your beautiful Victorian style doll house. Its all decked out and love how you paid attention to the details of the holiday home.
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I love all of the festive details you add to your lovely dollhouse for each holiday! Thanks for sharing @Vintage Charm--pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, love the dollhouse and the story about Mr. Nelson makes it all the more special.
    I, too, would like a dollhouse. Can't believe my neighbor had a beautiful heavy wooden one and got rid of it before her little girl was old enough to appreciate it-or offer it to me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is so neat, I totally love the wreath on the door and the banners hanging under the windows!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh how beautiful Debbie, I must have scrolled up and down at least a dozen times and every time I saw something new. I love all the little details you added. This is just stunning. Roy was an extremely talented doll house maker. Hope you have a very blessed and happy week, beautiful lady

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing, Debbie, your dolls will be spending the summer in great style.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a n adorable house. So patriotic and cute. What a terrific doll house maker. Thanks for sharing this lovely gem. Happy weekend. P.S. Debbie, have you every thought about a blog makeover?

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute Debbie! Thank you for sharing at Home Sweet Home!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your doll house is "Americana" personified. I love the bunting, flags, and the patriotic door wreath!
    Carol ("Mimi") from Home with Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW! I love it! I saw your post linked at the Brag About It party. I shared it at Facebook, Google+, and Twitter.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You never cease to amaze me with your decorating. This doll house is so beautiful. How sweet that he created it for you. Such lovely memories. Please join me at Thursday Favorite Things since you are being featured.
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nelson Crest is just beautiful for summer! I love the bunting and omg that little wreath on the front door!!! So glad you party with us at Merry Monday Debbie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...